Current job vacancies
What’s on offer
• A competitive salary is on offer to the successful candidate. (£35 – £40k pro rata depending on experience)
• Part time or flexible hours including a term time only contract.
• Opportunity to help shape a successful school’s future
• Support from a strong Finance and HR team.
• Central London location
Due to the retirement of our current bursar, Charles Dickens Primary School is seeking a well qualified and skilled School Finance and Business Manager to join our talented team.
Charles Dickens Primary School and Nursery is a large over-subscribed primary school in central London catering for boys and girls between 2 and 11. There are approximately 450 pupils including children attending part time in our nursery settings. The school is a designated national teaching school and is a lead school in the Southwark Teaching School Alliance.
The school prides itself on combining a broad arts-based curriculum and academic rigour to ensure that pupils not only achieve excellent results but also develop creative thinking, making and performing.
We offer an extended day from 8am to 5.30pm which provides childcare but also supports tailored learning and a busy activities programme.
We serve a multi-cultural and socially diverse community of families who are committed to the school and its ethos. The school has recently expanded in numbers and is undergoing a large building project to enhanced facilities, more classrooms and renovated learning spaces.
Charles Dickens Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, this post is subject to enhanced employment checks.
• Prepare annual accounts and supporting schedules for audit and liaising with auditors as required
• School budget preparation
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and analyses variances to budget and projected outturn
• Prepare and maintain the cash flow projection
• Ensure all finance systems are appropriate for the team’s needs and continue to develop and introduce the improvements as required
• Manage finance assistant to ensure smooth operation of school’s finance systems
• To be responsible for identifying, developing and maximising potential revenue streams available to the school.
The Successful Candidate
ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified, you will possess strong technical financial and management accounting skills, be a self-starter and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Experience in the charity or education sector will help the successful candidate with the structure and financial reporting requirements of the School. Proven experience managing small teams is desirable, and advanced Sage 200 and Excel skills will be highly regarded.
Application deadline: 12pm 2nd June 2017
Interviews for shortlisted candidates: week beginning 5th June 2017
Job start: ASAP
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people by following best guidance and practice and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.
Charles Dickens School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.