Nursery Admissions Image



We take children’s names on our waiting list when they reach their first birthday, and hope to be able to offer a place the September after his or her second birthday. We may also be able to offer places at other points in the year if places remain available.

You can apply directly to the school for entry into Nursery using a form which is available on the school website or from the school office

You are also welcome to join one of the headteacher’s regular ‘open mornings’ when she will talk to the parents and show them around the nursery answering any questions that should arise

An application form can be downloaded here

This form along with your child’s birth certificate and two proofs of address form your application.

When considering the admission of children to the school’s Nursery, the following criteria are applied in order:

  • Children in public care (looked after Children) and children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or become subject to a residence order or special guardianship order.) A ‘looked after child’ is a child who is in care of a local authority, or being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (see definition in Section 22 of the Children Act 1989) at the time of making an application to a school.
  • Children with siblings who are already on roll at the school and will still be on roll at their date of entry. Siblings includes full, half, step, foster and adopted brother or sister living in the same family unit and at the same home address as the child. The home address is where the parent/carer lives and the child permanently resides unless otherwise directed by a court order. This will also apply to informal care arrangements. Where a child spends time with both parents/carers in separate homes and both have parental responsibility, the school will need to establish where the majority of school nights (Sunday to Thursday) are spent. This will then be treated as the home address.
  • Children with exceptional medical, social or psychological needs, where it is agreed by the local authority and the headteacher that these can best be addressed at a particular school. Supporting evidence to substantiate that the child or their family has medical, social or psychological need must be provided at the time of application. The evidence must be in a written format and should set out the reasons why, in their view, a particular school is the most suitable and the difficulties that would be caused if the child had to attend another school. The evidence must be current and either from the child’s registered general practitioner or any other relevant qualified professional that the child has been referred to and/or who is providing direct care/support/treatment to the child on an ongoing basis in their professional capacity e.g. a child or educational psychologist, a child psychiatrist, an orthopaedic consultant or a social worker.
  • Children of permanent staff members. Staff members must have at least 2 years’ service with the school at the time. Alternatively, they may have less than 2 years’ service but have been appointed because they have the skills/expertise required to fill a vacant post and there is a demonstrable shortage of individuals with the skills/expertise required by the school.
  • Children living nearest to the school as measured by a straight line from the front door of child’s home to the geographical centre of the school site.
If a child lives in a block of flats the communal entrance will be used and lower numbers will take priority. If applicants live equidistant from the school, the governing body will draw lots to decide between applicants. The drawing of lots will be supervised by someone independent of the school.

Please note:

When places are offered the offer will be conditional until proof of date of birth and address have been given.

Confirmation of a nursery place is no guarantee of a school place for the following year. All Southwark parents need to apply via Southwark Council using the common application form (CAF) . You can find out more information on this by visiting their website.

For nursery admissions, please contact the school office.

Admissions Policies 2016/2017

Admissions Policies 2017/2018 onwards