The School Day
The beginning of the day
- Please arrive promptly at 8.55 – the register is taken at 9am. The nursery doors are reached by walking through the Mint Street gate entrance, through to the end of the playground.
- After 9.05am, the school playground gates are locked and you will have to enter the school via the office – using the security buzzer. If you do miss the beginning of the day, you will need to sign your child in with the school office before they go to nursery.
- The nursery encourages parents to stay to settle their child in, and support them with writing their name on the ‘big register’. On Monday mornings, parents have a chance to change their child’s reading book.
- Parents are expected to leave the nursery by 9.10am ready for nursery staff to begin a teaching session.
- The children have a mid morning snack at 10am and milk at 2pm
- Fresh drinking water is constantly available.
- Lunch is served at 11.40am – children have lunch in the nursery with nursery staff. Meal times should be a happy social time for children and staff alike.
- The school is committed to offering healthy nutritious and balanced lunches, including daily vegetarian and weekly Halal options.
- Individual dietary requirements are respected. We gather this information from parents regarding dietary needs including any allergies.
- Staff set a good example and eat with the children and show good table manners , encouraging the children to say please and thank you.
- Staff use meal and snack times to help promote children to develop independence through making choices, serving food and drink and feeding themselves. Staff support children to make healthy choices and understand the need for healthy eating.
Parents who all entitled to Free School Meals should ask the office for a free meals application form. Dinner money is collected in the school office on Monday morning from 8.30am.
The end of the day
- The nursery day ends at 3.15pm – in fairness to your child and to staff, please make sure you collect your child on time.
- Children will only be released from the nursery with an authorised person. * Should you or any other authorised person be unable to collect your child, please advise us as soon as possible.
- We do not allow anyone under the age of 16 to collect a child.